Brick Parking BV is looking for a Java Developer which will be used for our client Yellowbrick International.
Yellowbrick International (YBI), based in Amsterdam (Netherlands), develops a mobile parking platform for use in both the public and private sector. Its mission is to become a global leader in the field of Mobile Parking Platforms (MPP).
YBI was created in October 2014 when Parkéon (world leader in Parking meters) and Yellowbrick (major MPP player in Benelux) decided to integrate their MPP solutions.
YBI currently has a strong focus on European and North-American markets, but also ambitions to grow business in emerging country areas. In order to continue its expansion, YBI needs to increase its development capacity (currently development team leader), and is looking for a new:
Senoir Java Developer
The developer will be responsible for implementation of changes to the components that comprise YBI's Mobile Parking Payment solution. The developer will work closely together with the development team leader and other development team members.
- Providing feedback and input on high level designs
- Programming (coding) of the designed functionality
- Updating the documentation with the low level design decisions made during implementation
- Technical testing of the implementation before hand-over to the testers
- Supporting the testers in defect analysis, test case design and test execution.
- Informing the team leader of development status, progress and issues on a regular basis
Required common proficiencies:
- Speaking / Writing English language is a must
- You actively report on issues you cannot solve alone
- You are able to clearly communicate your view on matters
- You strive for quality from a pragmatic perspective
- You have a good level for autonomy. For a Senior developer, we expect autonomy in technical design.
Required development skills:
- 3-5 year experience with Java 7 or higher
- Knowledge of Spring framework (we are using MVC, Web Flow, JDBC, Security, Web Services, Grails), or JEE6
- Familiarity with revision control software (preferably Subversion)
Preferable development skills:
- Experience with applications that run on Tomcat
- Knowledge of ORACLE, PL/SQL
- Experience with test automation
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
You will work from the office in Amsterdam.
Your assignment will start as soon as possible, for an minimum initial duration of 7 months.
Your assignment can be moved to a permanent contract at the end of the initial period, depending on your personal performances.
POINT OF CONTACT
The person in charge of the recruitment is Maura Stalpers, HR: