Brick Parking BV is looking for a Java Developer which will be used for our client Yellowbrick International.
Yellowbrick International (YBI), based in Amsterdam (Netherlands), develops a mobile parking platform for use in both the public and private sector. Its mission is to become a global leader in the field of Mobile Parking Platforms (MPP).
YBI was created in October 2014 when Parkéon (world leader in Parking meters) and Yellowbrick (major MPP player in Benelux) decided to integrate their MPP solutions.
YBI currently has a strong focus on European and North-American markets, but also ambitions to grow business in emerging country areas. In order to continue its expansion, YBI needs to increase its development capacity (currently development team leader), and is looking for a new:
Yellowbrick International (YBI) is offering multiple mobile phone payment solutions for parking to consumers in fifteen countries. In order to keep leading the market, Yellowbrick International (YBI) is launching a project to merge their solutions into one, keeping the best in class modules of each whilst removing the need to maintain different solutions. In this context, we are looking for an experienced software architect
The role of the Software Architect is to:
- Make high level decisions for software development
- Create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team
- Develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions and document it
- Help the development team in implementing this architecture
The Software Architect has under his responsibility:
- Provide a state of the art architecture framework that will result in high quality solution
- Collaborate with the product owner and the business analyst to determine functional and non-functional requirements
- Use tools and methodologies to create a documented architecture guideline
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration, feasibility, maintainability, capability to evolve, redundancy and high availability. Maintain these specifications over the time
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards, maintain these elements up to date
- Define together with application managers and data center the guidelines for deliveries and hot updates, hotfixes
- Communicate carefully and widely all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Provide guidance and coaching to developers
- Assess consistency of developments with initial design
- Define solutions for integration with third parties
- Keep the product documentation always up to date
- Experienced 5 – 10 years as software architect, experience in mobile apps is a plus Minimum of Higher Vocational Education (HBO)
- Fluent business English is a must, Dutch is a plus
- Good communication skills, both oral and in written
- Good relationships with stakeholders
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design, and architecture
- Excellent knowledge about high availability, redundancy, production constraints
- Excellent knowledge about REST, web services and systems integration
- Good knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Technical mindset with great attention to detail
Your assignment will start as soon as possible, for an minimum initial duration of 7 months.
Your assignment can be moved to a permanent contract at the end of the initial period, depending on your personal performances.
POINT OF CONTACT
The person in charge of the recruitment is Mark van de Kimmenade: